85% of Mac owners have Windows too

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Malfoy, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

I did a search and couldn't find this posted anywhere on the forum. So feel free to delete if its hidden somewhere else :)

http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2009/10/05/85-of-mac-owners-have-windows-too/

The vast majority — 85% — also own at least one PC running Microsoft (MSFT) Windows.

In fact, 66% of Mac households own three or more computers, according to NPD, compared with 29% of Windows households. This probably means that Mac users know more about Windows than Windows users know about Macs.

More than 2,300 NPD panelists completed the survey. Among its other findings:

-Mac owners are richer. 36% have household incomes greater than $100,000, compared with 21% of all U.S. consumers.
    -Mac households are more mobile. 72% own a notebook computer, compared with 50% of Windows PC households.
    -Mac users have more iPods. 63% own an iPod, compared with 36% of all computer-owning households
    -Nearly 50% of Mac households own some kind of electronic navigation system, compared with 30% of all computer-owning households.
    -In general, Mac users own a lot more gadgets. The average Apple household owns 48 consumer electronic devices, compared with an average of 24 in all computer-owning households. (See chart below.)

[​IMG]

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the survey or the source. Take from it what you will :)

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Its on the front page of macrumors but it was definitely interesting. I personally have both also.

3. Malfoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

my bookmark is set to the forum, that's how I missed it :eek:

Go ahead and delete mods. :)