Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
Need for Speed: Shift looks awesome.

I think we should wait until devs have fully ported/recreated/created apps for the iPad before concluding. :p

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
Need for Speed: Shift looks awesome.

I think we should wait until devs have fully ported/recreated/created apps for the iPad before concluding. :p

Most of the apps out now will work with the iPad out of the box.

I was checking into logmein, and on their forums, they stated that the iphone/ipod touch version will run on the iPad as it is, but they will do some minor modifications to fully utilize the features of the iPad.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
Most of the apps out now will work with the iPad out of the box.

I was checking into logmein, and on their forums, they stated that the iphone/ipod touch version will run on the iPad as it is, but they will do some minor modifications to fully utilize the features of the iPad.

Most will work, for sure, but what I meant was: they're not optimized for the iPad, they're just blown up iPhone apps.

At the keynote, we saw what apps can become on the iPad using its new screen real estate and graphics/processing power. This is what I meant, let's wait for devs to make awesome iPad apps before judging. :cool:

LaNex

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2010
Off the top of my head;

Eyetv
Apple's Remote app
MultiTrack by Harmonicdog
Orb Live
Media Hound (Plex controller on steroids)

All these are on my iphone atm, so I can only imagine how appealing they will be on a bigger screen, current versions and / or updates both.

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
Oh ok... no doubt the devs will be able to come up with some snazzy stuff. Its the apps that will make it great. I wonder if they will charge for ipad versions of apps we already have?

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
Oh ok... no doubt the devs will be able to come up with some snazzy stuff. Its the apps that will make it great. I wonder if they will charge for ipad versions of apps we already have?

I doubt it. I see it more being a "universal" like app (remember Intel/PPC?)...install on your iPhone, you get the iPhone version, install on your iPad, you get the iPad version.

It would be dumb to recharge for apps you already bought.
:apple:

CoreyMac

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
1) Facebook
2) iTrans NYC
3) The Weather Channel
4) OpenTable
5) Scrabble
6) Plants vs Zombies
7) AIM
8) MLB At Bat w/ MLB.TV
9) Poker
10) Where's Waldo! ;)

Astro8973

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
Mine are:

MLB At Bat
iWork suite
Facebook (hybrid of iPhone and web versions)
Firefox (doubt we'll ever see it though)
Some sort of TV Guide

epi117

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2010
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy 2
Facebook
twitterifc
gps drive
amazon kindle app
ebay
pandora
google earth
kayak
lux dlx
madness
nasa
space ace
bunch short cuts to web pages

kes601

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2008
I doubt it. I see it more being a "universal" like app (remember Intel/PPC?)...install on your iPhone, you get the iPhone version, install on your iPad, you get the iPad version.

It would be dumb to recharge for apps you already bought.
:apple:

Dumb for who? If I were a developer who optimized the program for another device, I would want to get paid.....

iPadusr

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
TV.nu
SVT Play
TV4 Play
SF Bio
Remote
Games (Beneath A Steel Sky, Boost 3D, Space Trek, Galaxy On Fire, 1112, N.O.V.A., Vector Tanks Extreme, Trundle, Space Miner: Space Ore Bust etc.)

... to name but a few.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Since the iPad will run just about everything the iPhone does, all my most used apps on that will also get to my iPad. Among them the following:
Pocket Informant
Groups
Facebok
Notebook (Appigo)
ToDo (Appigo)
Pockey Money
iXpenseIt
SplashID
LoseIT
Gas Cubby
Facebook
Sirius/XM
FC Goals
Bento
WDW Wait Times
WDWDining
Bejeweled 2
Sim City
Trivial Pursuit
SkeeBall
Toy Story Mania
Monopoly
Scrabble

Among the IPad specific, can't say for sure. if any f the above come out with iPad specificversions then probably will get those. For sure I know I will get the following 3 apps:

iWorks Keynote
iWorks Pages
iWorks Numbers

alywa

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
Not one mention of iBooks so far!

I guess we're all kinda considering it part of the OS... sure I know it is a separate (free) download, but I doubt many people won't download it.

For me...

Facebook
Remote
iBooks (there!)
Pages
Keynote

What I really want is a Rand-McNally style atlas integrated with GPS... I loved road trips as a kid with a RN atlas; just imagine how cool one could be with a 3G ipad (POI, Geography and Geology facts, Historical information on surrounding areas, etc)... so much potential.

I'm mostly buying the iPad as a reader (books and magazines), photo album, video player, web browser, and all around cool travel toy. I've gotten pretty adept at reading / web surfing on my iPhone... it sure will be nice to have more screen real estate to work with. Plus, I'm sure there will be a whole mess of cool kids programs and interactive books to enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.