Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OZMP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Hey all
Setup is in my sig.
Can't get anything but a black screen running bootcamp.
Had normal from the 7300, updated bootcamp and the drivers for the 8800, and now nether card will give me anything past the windows loading screen, just blackness.
We need a conclusive thread that can be made into an article, so if you can help, please do.

Cheers,

tobyg

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2004
If it were me I'd put my old card back in and verify Bootcamp boots. I'd then uninstall any NVidia drivers, possibly download a utility to clean up video card drivers (can't remember the names, but there are various ones on the internet). Then put the new card in and install the latest beta drivers.

And the reason you need the beta drivers is the device ID 0602 is not in the current drivers. You can edit the inf and change the device id of an existing 8800 gt, such as 0611 and change it to 0602, but that's getting a bit more advanced/off topic here.

OZMP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
i have tried old and beta drivers, have booted off the 7300, but since installing beta drivers the 7300 wont show.
next going to reformat :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.