8800GT Replacement- A true headache to deal with Applecare

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ildondeigiocchi, Apr 3, 2009.

1. ildondeigiocchi macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

Ok so this is what happened, I had been having some issues with my 30" ACD that kept flickering. I called AppleCare and they said they would replace my 8800GT because it is supposedly defective and I wouldn't have to send in my old one. So whatever. I get the new 8800GT and it is has black marks on the white parts on the top, it has dust in the fan and the video outputs are scratched. I had trouble taking my old card out of the Mac Pro and in the end it didn't want to come out. Seems as though it was stuck, I followed all instructions carefully. Anyways, I call AppleCare and tell them about the condition of the card and they tell me there is nothing they can do. I give them hell but they didn't want to listen. I even spoke to a manager with whom I filed a complaint but also said that there is nothing they can do. I am quite frankly angry at Apple for treating longtime loyal customers this badly.

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Apple's service tends to be good, but when its bad, it can be really bad.

Had trouble with my X1900XT card - had the first version that had the overheating problems. Could not get them to replace it since it was purchased after the computer and not with it.