another 8800 thread, but since i'm not intimately familiar with video cards i thought i'd ask. the decision is whether to wait the "estimated 2-4 weeks" and get with the 8800 or wait the estimated 1-2 days and go with the HD2600XT.. i plan on running a 30" display with a secondary 17" as for software, primarily i will use: -aperture -final cut pro -after effects -photoshop -gaming has never been option for me (being on an old G4), but i have always been a fan of console games. so in short, yes, there may be some light gaming in the future (will be FPS's). again i don't know how much an upgraded video card will benefit my specific situation, so i'd like to hear from some of the people who are more knowledgeable on the topic. i don't need the decision made for me, but i just specifically would like to know how much benefit i would see, so that i can weigh the decision myself.