Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boulderbobo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Am I being premature? Am I being too critical?

Some background on me.

I love Apple products. I use a 3GS Iphone. I love the phone and hate ATT service. It sucks!
I love my Macbook pro!
I have used the 64G Ipad extensively for about 3 days

I have a love hate relationship with the Ipad. I keep comparing it to the Macbook pro. But it works more like the Iphone. :confused:

Love:
  • look
  • size
  • weight
  • feel
  • interface
  • concept

Hate:
  • slow speed/performance
  • can't attach pics to emails, forums, etc...(I know there are work arounds but come on?)
  • did I mention how slow this thing is?

Please do not flame me.

I am NOT slamming Apple here. I am just seriously disappointed in the Ipad's performance.

What do you guys think?

TYIA-

Bob-

tiguk

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
UK
I think you're in the minority if you think it's slow.

I haven't seen one yet myself (in the UK), but ALL the reviews I've read have mentioned how blindingly fast the device is. You're the first I've seen say the opposite.

And you can't attach photo's to emails? Are you sure? You can with the iPhone.

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
SLOW??

Have you actually used an ipad? Mine is blazing fast, a whole lot faster than my iphone and faster for alot of things than my macbook.

Jody

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2005
Slow is not a complaint you can use with the iPad... seriously.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
You most definitely can attach emails. Go to your photos. Select a photo and hit the curved arrow (share) just like on the iPhone.

And slow? What exactly is slow? In reference to what? Are apps running slow? Is browsing slow? What is slow?

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
Who cares. Return it then, do you think someone here can change your mind? Another In a long list of useless threads. No offense ;).

dcsatt

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2005
Am I being premature? Am I being too critical?

Hate:
  • slow speed/performance
  • can't attach pics to emails, forums, etc...(I know there are work arounds but come on?)
  • did I mention how slow this thing is?

What do you guys think?

TYIA-

Bob-

Slow? Really? What exactly are you referring to? Slow? I don't get it.

As for attaching pics to emails, again, I'm not sure what you mean. You can email pics from the photo app. You can copy and paste pics into an email message message...um...I mean, there are several ways to skin a cat. These things are not "work arounds." They're actually more efficient than using an "attach" function.

So, perhaps you haven't allowed yourself to recognize the potential.

And, if you REALLy wanted to return it, you wouldn't be posting your "dilemma" here. So, KEEP IT and enjoy it. Guilt free. Just remember, it is not, and was never supposed to be, a MacBook or MacBook Pro.

boulderbobo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
I think you're in the minority if you think it's slow.

I haven't seen one yet myself (in the UK), but ALL the reviews I've read have mentioned how blindingly fast the device is. You're the first I've seen say the opposite.

And you can't attach photo's to emails? Are you sure? You can with the iPhone.

If you have not used one.....

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Who cares. Return it then, do you think someone here can change your mind? Another In a long list of useless threads. No offense ;).

This.

Do you want us to talk you out of returning it? Do you want us to reaffirm you decision to return it. Grow a pair, make a decision, and stand by it. Don't whine on here and waste bandwith.

boulderbobo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Slow is not a complaint you can use with the iPad... seriously.

Yes compared to the Macbook pro.

You most definitely can attach emails. Go to your photos. Select a photo and hit the curved arrow (share) just like on the iPhone.

And slow? What exactly is slow? In reference to what? Are apps running slow? Is browsing slow? What is slow?

Thank you. How about uplaoding pics to a forum?

Customers service tells me it can't be done.

tiguk

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
UK

What? I'm not allowed to comment?

I merely said that I haven't seen any reviews agreeing with you, and some helpful advice on the fact you can actually attach emails on an iPhone.

Did I say you were wrong? No.

Wow. People ask for comments, then criticise you when you give them!

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
the worst im returning my ipad thread ever 1. its not slow at all 2. ur a r-tard if u cant figure out how to attach pics to an email 3. wtf its not slow:mad:

not trying to be mean u just made me SAD :(

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore

I've got one. It's fast as hell. Exactly what aspect isn't fast? Responsiveness? App loading? Safari page loads? All of those are lightning fast for me.

About the only thing I use that is really laggy and annoying is the WSJ app. That said, I'm sure that will change with an update and says nothing about the iPad itself.

fishepa

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2009
Thank you. How about uplaoding pics to a forum?

Customers service tells me it can't be done.

It really sounds like you need a full Netbook to do what you want, or a Macbook. I would just purchase one of those so you can be happy.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
I sold mine on Amazon for a nice lil $200 profit. I love it, but I'm just going to buy another one in a few weeks anyways. I just don't understand the need to start a thread, say that you're doing this, asking for thoughts, and then freaking out when people start giving them.

Why can't you do the normal thing and just leave without posting a goodbye letter? That's what a blog is for.

Are you trying to see if someone will talk you into keeping it?

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Something is certainly slow, but I don't think it's the ipad :rolleyes:

+1

Seriously, I have the iPad a few days now, nothing about it is slow, even compared to my 13" Macbook Pro (why you would compare an apple to an orange is beyond me tho). I'm actually impressed by how fast it is loading webpages, the transitions, etc.

Capt T

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2010
If you find it slow try a reboot. Can't hurt. I ask the same thing what is it slow in comparison to? Since most every one finds it fast, and if you would like to keep it maybe get a genius appointment and talk to them about it. Barring all that you have 14 days to decide if you want to keep it. I would try to play with it a little longer if you are unsure since you have another week. If your mind is made up though by all means return it.

Ride9650

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Used one just yesterday, no way its "slow"

and why are you comparing it to a laptop?
Its not a laptop, and wasn't meant to compete with a laptop.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Guys, c'mon. The iPad is not blazing fast - it's merely fast enough. I love my iPad and would not return mine for the reasons OP gives, but let's face fact, the iPad could stand a beefier processor to render non-optimized photos and websites, and probably will get one next year and we'll all be commenting how slow the original iPad feels.

That said, I'm sure the speed is kept down to keep battery life up and I think Apple chose the right path if that is the case. I still look forward to the day when web pages on the iPad render as fast as on my computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.