$899 Apple Product is the Mac Tablet, come on guys!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MXChristian11, Oct 13, 2008.

1. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

Okay, so after reading the new info on here about the prices and product numbers, i came to a conclusion. First, why would there be 3 macbooks? 2 is already stretching the "entry" line notebook, why add a third. Yes maybe for affordability, but isn't a tablet mac what everyones been speculating/wanting/needing forever?!? This would by-far out sell an ENTRY, entry notebook. These are just my thoughts. Let me know what you think. :D

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If its a mac tablet, it doesnt fit in the Powerbook/Macbook Pro forums

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I still just don't understand the need for a tablet Mac enough for Apple to create one. I mean do that many people use them?

Or are we talking about a new innovation, like a Kindle or something? I just don't see it. If your a graphic designer just buy a Wacom.

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I'd want a tablet. Make my PDF stuff work easier with a pen instead of a keyboard

5. DrNelly macrumors member

I think a properly designed tablet with Leopard Multitouch supporting the circus would be a very interesting addition to the Mac family. Think college campuses or the many scientific applications of that.

I'd buy it if it offered the same functionality as a Macbook, with a smaller screen (10-12 inches), a way to output video and a headphone jack.

6. Logos327 macrumors 6502

Wouldn't you expect a much more elaborate event for something like that? At least an invitation that hinted at the possibility.

7. ChiltonWebb macrumors member

Tablet Mac in '08!!!

Hi,

If you're a serious graphic artist, you've probably already clunked down over $3,000 for a Cintiq.

A $900 Tablet Mac would be a no-brainer. I'd buy at least one tomorrow, if this rumor is true.

I'd buy one if it cost 4x as much, if it was built well. And I can list about 30 designers I know that would, too. Why Apple hasn't built a Tablet Mac yet is the one riddle I just don't have an answer for. Maybe tomorrow I'll get my answer.

Tablet Mac = The One Ring
    (at least for me)

8. Logos327 macrumors 6502

I think many people expect Apple to make a tablet (eventually). It just wouldn't be released at an in-house event like this imo. MW or at least a special dedicated event is much more likely if/when it comes out.

Also: http://www.macrumors.com/2008/10/14/apples-new-899-product-is-an-led-display-and-not-a-macbook/

9. MXChristian11 thread starter macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

yeah. your probably right. i also agree that MW would be a great event to release such a product. just thought maybe tomorrow. :D you never know...it could be that "There's One More Thing...."! :) thanks for the opinions. keep em coming!

10. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

I think AI has it right - it's a new display with DisplayPort. If the MBP is really getting DisplayPort, and the photo suggests it is, Apple has to have a display with that port as well. Unless they give us one of those stupid dongles that's DisplayPort to DVI or VGA. Blah!