Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
It's not like me to laugh at things like this, but this ebay listing really made me chuckle. The best part is the question the seller received and the answer. In case you can't or don't want to log in to read the dialogue:

Q: Is there something particularly rare about this computer specifically that would warrant a price of $900 when 17" core 2 duo imacs are going for $650? If not, this computer is worth about $300-400 max. I am interested and would like to make a realistic offer, but I'm worried you'll reject it since you're expecting much too high a price.

A: This iMac is in very good condition. You may find cheaper one but may not have a condition like this one. Sure, you can buy the core 2 duo one for 650, but this one I am asking for $899 firm. I just don't want to sell it any less. If you are not serious to buy this one for collection, do not bother making an offer. This one deserves a real owner that appreciate and cherish its value. Thanks.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
I sold my 20" iMac G4 with 1.25 gb ram for $450

Too bad for him. He paid a good amount of money to make a $900 listing that won't be sold.

CHAOS STEP

macrumors 6502
It's obvious that the high price is to get attention.

Then it will sell for the going rate, maybe more because demand is higher.

You've played into his hands.

I personally would mess up his auction by fake bidding, if I really cared.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.