8g iPod Nano Help

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Freddy J, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Freddy J macrumors newbie

Ive been having troubles with my iPod lately. Sometimes it works just fine, but others not so fine. I will go to play a song from a play list. I press play to play it, and the screen when shifting to the next screen freezes for a second, then it starts skipping/scrolling through all the songs and won't play any of them. Ive tried reseting the iPod but soon after it started doing this again. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have looked through the forums but I havnt been able to come up with anything in relation to my problem. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Weird. Have you tried restoring it through iTunes?

3. robPOD macrumors 6502

4. airfang macrumors regular

having the exact same situation... will try restoring it tml

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I've been having a similar problem with my Black 8GB Nano.

However, I found that it had a problem with my PodCasts.

Before, when I updated my iPod as I do on a daily basis, it would seem to take forever to update the podcasts -- it would load the ones that I already played and the new ones. For example, I would want to DL three new Podcasts and it would be DL'ing around 100. So I tried unchecking the ones that I already listened to. So only the new ones showed as unplayed and checked. After that, things seemed to work much better. Although, everyone once in a while, I still need to reset the iPod.

My guess is that there is a bug in the sync'ing software.

To the OP are you DL'ing Podcasts often when you sync?

6. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Have you tried taking it apart, doing the hokey pokey and shaking it all about? That should fix it.

Kidding of course... The only action you can take for ipods in general is soft rest, hard reset, restoring to the original firmware, and last but not least get it to apple if under the warrantee or a third party vendor who fixes ipods.

7. airfang macrumors regular

In my case.. I don't have Podcast at all..