8GB 3rd Gen JB

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by hchavarria, Oct 8, 2009.

1. hchavarria macrumors 6502

Hey guys...Normally I Jailbreak on the iPhone but recently I bought my son an 8GB iPod Touch 3rd Gen and I was wondering if this could be jailbroken as of yet?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the 8gb is just a 2nd generation iPod and is very much so jailbreakable

3. vahnx macrumors member

The 3G 8GB is the only model that is not jail-breakable. The 2G 8GB is.

Technically, the 3G 8GB is a 2G but there are some differences making the 3G un-jailbreakable yet.

Google for Greenpois0n for further details when an iPod Touch 3G 8GB jailbreak is available.

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

there is no technically, it is a 2g iPod apple said they keepin the 8gig the same theres nothing new in the 8gig ipod touch it IS jailbreakable the 32 and 64 gig touches have NEW hardware hence not jailbreakable yet

5. dmo580 macrumors member

Dude read the comments on Blackra1n. The 8gb 3rd gen may bet he same specs wise, but clearly there's some changes. There might be newer chips used here and there. Bottom line is blackra1n cannot handle 8gb 3rd gen ipod touches with models MC. So there IS a difference.

Blackra1n CAN handle the 32 and 64gb iPod touch 3rd Gens though.... ANd the iPod Touch 2nd gen, so makes you wonder what's so special about the new 8gb...