8GB iPhone 5C have you had storage issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dj9928, Jul 6, 2014.

1. dj9928 macrumors member

Bought one of these as they were on offer but kinda worried it maybe wasn't such a good idea now due to the space issues, have you had any issues with space? I don't use a load of apps, I've maybe 20 on there, my photos all auto upload to icloud, haven't got any music on there yet though and i've 3.5gb left.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

8gb is way to small for most. If you are careful, it can work, but will restrict what you can do and not do at times.

3. 617aircav Suspended

This is a personal usage thing. Someone else having issues with the amount of storage has no connection to you having or not having issues with it. You should be able to come to that conclusion on your own based on your usage habits. My sister used a 8gb iPhone for years without issues. Then again, she does not use many apps and never plays game.

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I personally find 8GB (even 16GB) to be too small nowadays, especially since some games are approaching 2GB alone (Infinity Blade 3). However, my brother uses an 8GB iPhone and he finds it to be just enough room, but then again he only has about 15 apps, no music or videos and rarely takes photos.

8GB could well be enough for you - just depends on what you want to do with the 5c.

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its tough but doable.
    Also you gotta keep an eye on how much space you got left.
    If you fill it up to the max then the phone will start giving you problems like not be able to save or send any pictures, no space for messages to be received/send and even after you delete stuff it might still run like crap and need a restore to start working right again. So try not to completely run out of space and avoid installing big apps or taking long videos or lots of pictures.

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

The bold part is what would get me. I have 5 GB of music on mine, and that's with the quality compressed to 128 kbps AAC. I also have almost 4 GB of photos, but I could live without those being with me all the time if I really had to save space.

8. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

The kind of people who are even considering 8GB phones are not playing Infinity Blade or anything like that.

9. cynics macrumors G4

I didn't even know there was an 8gb 5C until this thread. When buying on Apples site 16gb is the smallest listed. However Wikipedia say 8 under available storage sizes.

Where do you get an 8 gb model?

10. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

if you stream your media, and only use a few apps, it would be fine, but unless you have a fairly large data plan, forget it. not worth it.

----------

its a non us model i believe.

11. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

I vaguely remember it's mostly in India, I think.

12. Candlelight macrumors 6502a

Candlelight

I have an 8GB iPhone 4 and it's tough. I'd love to put more music/podcasts on my phone but it's not doable. I'd also like heaps more apps than I have but - depending on the function - I've basically been dropping the app and just using the safari bookmark. :(

13. makerleone macrumors regular

makerleone

According to me now a days 8gb is not enough but some kind of people who do not carry too much photos videos and audio in their pocket, for them 8gb is enough. but i have 8gb data just for an audio, so that's why my 5s have 32gb space and that is good for me.