Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pastapal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
greetings folks, first time poster, long time reader.

an acquaintance of my wife's asked me today if i know anything about how to fix iphones, and being that i've dabbled moderately on the jailbreaking end and a cant resist a project, i told her yes figuring this would be no more than a simple issue. (oddly enough, before she came to me she was just about to just throw it in the trash)
seems it was an issue as described as a simple white screen after taking a fall. with a little change from other items posted i had read about, it was completely unresponsive to to the sleep button or home button. it simply showed a white screen until it ran out of battery. the screen returned back on (and as white and unresponsive as before) when plugged into a charger/usb cable. and to make matters worse, my pc and itunes do not even recognize it's been plugged in.

being that i was having such little luck i returned the device to it's owner, only to her just attemping to throw it away, so i said, hey, worst comes to worst i can either finally fix it or turn the silly thing into a flash drive or perhaps macaroni art.

when i returned home with the device. i took it to the next level. HARDWARE!

i followed instructions posted here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=8644275#post8644275

now may i stress i to this very moment am not sure which version i currently have in hand (3g or 3gs, i just assume 3gs cuz the rest of the world would have updated by now, right?)

after following instructions, i didnt find connector one disconnected but removed and replaced just to be sure. i didnt see anything else out of place either. *note i can post pics if needed*

after reassembling the device i found that the white screen was gone. but was replaced with nothing. still unresponsive.

now i say all that to ask, is there perhaps something else i may have missed before i take an hour long drive to the apple store for a diagnosis?

i appreciate all replies and feedback and thank you kindly for you time.
-cheers-

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
greetings folks, first time poster, long time reader.

an acquaintance of my wife's asked me today if i know anything about how to fix iphones, and being that i've dabbled moderately on the jailbreaking end and a cant resist a project, i told her yes figuring this would be no more than a simple issue. (oddly enough, before she came to me she was just about to just throw it in the trash)
seems it was an issue as described as a simple white screen after taking a fall. with a little change from other items posted i had read about, it was completely unresponsive to to the sleep button or home button. it simply showed a white screen until it ran out of battery. the screen returned back on (and as white and unresponsive as before) when plugged into a charger/usb cable. and to make matters worse, my pc and itunes do not even recognize it's been plugged in.

being that i was having such little luck i returned the device to it's owner, only to her just attemping to throw it away, so i said, hey, worst comes to worst i can either finally fix it or turn the silly thing into a flash drive or perhaps macaroni art.

when i returned home with the device. i took it to the next level. HARDWARE!

i followed instructions posted here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=8644275#post8644275

now may i stress i to this very moment am not sure which version i currently have in hand (3g or 3gs, i just assume 3gs cuz the rest of the world would have updated by now, right?)

after following instructions, i didnt find connector one disconnected but removed and replaced just to be sure. i didnt see anything else out of place either. *note i can post pics if needed*

after reassembling the device i found that the white screen was gone. but was replaced with nothing. still unresponsive.

now i say all that to ask, is there perhaps something else i may have missed before i take an hour long drive to the apple store for a diagnosis?

i appreciate all replies and feedback and thank you kindly for you time.
-cheers-

Use better grammar next time ;)
No just go to the Apple Store and have them check it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.