8gb iPod Mini

Discussion in 'iPod' started by atad6, Apr 29, 2007.

1. atad6 macrumors regular

So this weekend I decided to revive my old iPod mini. I bought a new battery for around 10 dollars and an 8gb compact flash card from newegg. I followed the tutorials on ifixit to replace the battery, it was a bit harder than expected.

Getting the hard drive to work was a bit of a pain as i had to format the drive outside of the ipod and clone the old ipod hard drive in order to get it to work.

overall, i'm pretty happy, for less than 100 dollars i have an 8gb flash based ipod. i've always liked the form factor of the minis and hopefully i'll still be able to use it for a while.

has anyone else done this mod?

2. RaMaz macrumors regular

RaMaz

hell no, that is freaking sweet!

and i think ur the first to do that

Pics Plz!

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

4. atad6 thread starter macrumors regular

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i was thinking of doing this with a 3rd gen 20GB iPod (the one with all touch-sensitive buttons). i don't know when i'll have time or if it's even feasible. good to know there's success at some level, though!

6. greg555 macrumors 6502a

That is very cool. I have a 6GB mini so 8GB doesn't tempt me much. But 16 sure does.

Too bad 16GB CF is still so expensive.

Greg

7. bloodycape macrumors 65816

may i ask where you purchased your battery from? I am looking to get a 700 or 750mah battery. Thank you.