8gb iPod Nano 6th Gen or 32gb Touch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MrXiro, May 4, 2011.

1. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Gah! I'm torn which of these to get. I got a good deal for both of them.

$115 for the 8gb iPod Nano

$231 for the 32gb iPod Touch

No tax for either. Which is the better deal/better to get? I have an iPad already so I don't NEED the iPod Touch... but 32 gb for 115 bucks more along with bluetooth, wifi, iOS... way better deal.

I can't decide! Help! :(

2. DOMCHO101, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011

DOMCHO101 macrumors newbie

Lemme start off by saying that I love this question haha, and I'll be more than happy to give you my opinion (given I was in the exact same situation).

I myself got an iPad 2 a while back and along with having an iPhone 3GS, I have barely been using my 2nd gen. 16GB iPod Touch. I am moving to Europe without the iPhone so that is why I had and iPhone and iPod Touch (for those wondering). The ONLY thing that the iPod Touch can do that the iPad cannot, is: fit in your pocket. Why have 2 exact same devices, in 2 different sizes obviously, that essentially do the exact same thing?

You said it yourself that you don't NEED the iPod Touch so why not save your money? I sold my iPod Touch to my 10 year old sister for $110 bucks and got myself a Graphite 8GB Nano for $109 plus CA tax on eBay from (Macmall is the seller so I still get my year warranty ;) ) I couldn't be happier with the Nano, it clips on anywhere, it's small and lightweight, does exactly what I need it for and nothing more (music player, everything else I have iPad and iMac), looks AMAZING, and I saved myself a bunch of money rather than getting a new iPod Touch. The OS is very easy to get used to, and contrary to what some reviews say, I really like it! The new "double-tap home button to either play/pause music, or skip to next track" is a great feature in the new software update, especially if you're driving or something and don't want to fuss around with the touchscreen. Take it from someone who had the iPad+iPod Touch and iPad+iPod Nano, I love the switch and I wish I would have done this ages ago...

Interestingly enough, the Nano has a few things that the Touch cannot do. I really hope you bite on the Nano! :D

Btw, would you mind sharing where you got these good deals? Thanks!

3. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Hey! Thanks! I think I will go that route. I got the deals on Amazon Warehouse Deals. They're "open item" but pretty much like new. I think the original warranty still applies since they are an Apple reseller. Great deals on there some times!

I guess I was mostly torn over the 32gb VS 8gb capacity thing... not that I have that much music on my iPod ever. :p

4. DOMCHO101 macrumors newbie

Huh, I might check that out. Is anyone eligible to buy from Amazon Warehouse Deals? I already buy a lot off Amazon (no tax :) ) but I've never heard of this.

And yeah, kinda a downside but I'm just fine with 8GB... Don't forget you could always go for the 16GB if you really needed it!

5. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Yeah Warehouse Deals is there "open item" page. Free shipping and every perk that Amazon offers.

6. gmans46 macrumors regular

id go the nano it suits your need and is cheaper