8GB or 16GB--advice wanted

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mixalis, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Mixalis macrumors newbie

Mixalis

I am deciding whether or not it is worth going for the 16GB model because I am not planning to use the iPhone for music (I have a Touch). But I will probably want to buy lots of applications and don't want to run up against a ceiling. Generally I always go for the bigger storage because the choice will soon be 16/32 of not 32/64. But I do wonder and would welcome any views.

2. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Sell you touch and buy a 16gb... ;)

3. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

4. iBorg20181 macrumors 6502

iBorg20181

The 16GB is the ONLY disappointment in the new iPhone for me. I was expecting, not hoping, that Apple would raise the storage to 32GB. I REALLY want to get an all-in-one solution, and sell the iPod, but 16GB won't allow for that.

I'm expecting a 32GB upgrade sometime soon - anyone have an estimate on this?

5. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Do you really need 32GB of music/movies with you at all times? I sync 5GB of my collection at a time (smart list that rotates songs) and I feel that is too much.

6. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

I live my entire life with this quote: "It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have."

I would go for the 16gb.

7. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Do you like color? 16GB gives you a color choice: Black or White.

8. Mixalis thread starter macrumors newbie

Mixalis

You're probably right. However, there is some method in my madness and it's to do with battery life. I figure that not using the iPhone for music will avoid running down the iPhone battery too quickly.

9. aosman macrumors 6502

I would go with the 16GB. Who knows, Apple might discontinue the 8GB like they did with the 4GB last year. For 300$, I think it is worth it.

10. HarryMac macrumors newbie

Given that there is a 10MB cap on apps that can be downloaded over 3G, i doubt that many of the applications will be bigger than this, as developers will most probably want to increase the chance of people impulse-buying their apps. Therefore i would say that you should probably go for the 8, if you do intend to keep you ipod, which i suggest you don't. You will easily be able to make up the $100 difference with the sale of your touch, and will not have to carry around two devices. Also, with the very small power adapter, charging often should not really be a problem.

11. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I am going to sell my 16gb Touch, and buy the 16gb IPhone. I'll probably go with white to distinguish it from the original IPhone.

12. nkologe macrumors newbie

Honestly I think you'd have to be retarded not to spend the extra $100