8GB RAM or ANTI-GLARE on HIGH end 15" MBP?!?!?! HELP!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jimithing, Feb 26, 2011.

1. jimithing macrumors member

Ok, so for those of you who helped me decide to get the high end with the 128 SSD instead of the low end with the 256gb SSD thank you.. I agree with you.

Now I have a whole NEW DILEMA...

I wanna keep the price down, I only have 1500 cash so the rest is going on my credit card. so less is more ( I MEAN i make good money though so I dont wanna be kicking myself for not spending a 100 bucks)

SO here it is:
    1. High end 15" 2.2ghz 128 SSD w/ hi def anti-glare or glossy = $2,224
    or
    2. High end 15" 2.2ghz 128 SSD w/ 8gb RAM
    or
    3. High end 15" 2.2ghz 128 SSD w/2.3ghz upgrade
    OR ANY VARIATION OF 2 OF THESE OPTIONS BUT NOT ALL 3

I mainly use my computer for surfing and movies/hulu projected to my flat screen via Mctivia (aka wirelessly) google Mctivia if you dont know what it is, its amazing!!! I will write a review when I get shipment in a few days.
    ALSO... I am starting to get into photography with DSLR so aperture wil be used a good bit, with photo editing, but I dont have trouble with glare really, so that isnt a good reason to get the anti-glare.

2. DanFreemanPhoto macrumors member

Anti glare. You cant upgrade that later.

You can upgrade the RAM later (for much cheaper than you would pay with Apple too!)

3. snouter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, ram is $100 after market.

Easy DIY too.

4. Kalach macrumors member

Kalach

Anti glare, you can buy ram cheaper somewhere else down the road :)

5. jetjaguar Suspended

jetjaguar

another vote for hires antiglare .. go for the things that you cannot upgrade later .. ram can wait ..

6. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

i wouldnt spend that much money and only have 128 gig hard drive...

7. jimithing thread starter macrumors member

why not? I have extermal 500gb that I keep all my pics and stuff on and I have a 5GB music library that maybe will expand to 20GB AT most... I dont use windows parralell... so maybe 20GB music (next year) and 20GB photos...

and I plan on getting a bigger SSD when they become more reliable and cheaper... so probably 2-3 months... and 90 dollars is a great deal for 500 times faster computer imo