8GB (Touch + Nano) or 32 GB Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JesseW6889, Dec 13, 2010.

1. JesseW6889 macrumors 6502

Yesterday I signed up for Audible.com and recieved a $100 Amazon GC Code... unbeknownst to me, it only applies towards mp3 players, that being said...

I have a 4th Gen 8gb Touch now, which is all the way full (3-4 gb music)

Should I:
    1. use the GC + $40 to get a 6th Gen Nano

or

2. Sell my Touch, use the $ from the sale plus the GC to buy a new 32GB Touch

Right now I use my touch for bus rides, idle time between classes, casual gaming, audio books and some pdf reading. I WOULD like a smaller package available for the gym (which I do not frequent) but I DON'T want to have to carry two things everywhere and I kind of feel like if I have both, I won't really 'need' either... if that makes sense?

Any advice/help/thoughts/suggestions beyond 'let me have your $100 code!' would be very much appreciated! :)

Note: I signed up for the $100 GC to use towards a Magic Mouse + Wireless Keyboard, Doh!

2. iTouch.lover22 macrumors regular

I'd sell the current touch and buy a new 32GB one, I would never have bought an 8GB in the first place :p The nano would seem pointless if you had a full sized touch, and if you really feel like you need something smaller, a shuffle would suffice for the gym. Hope that helps :)

3. JesseW6889 thread starter macrumors 6502

It might be nice to have all of your audio on one, and 'other' stuff on the other one. I dislike either option because of how much of a pain it is to skip/advance to the next song with a touch screen

4. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Sell the 8GB and get 32GB. I had the 16GB 1st Gen, and after a few updates that space went. I know it wasn't much but it was space. Plus if you play games, down the road some kick azz games you might like to download ..

I'm content for now with the 32GB

6. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

7. ivan2 macrumors newbie

Of course 32GB touch. Mine is iPod touch 3G. I'd like to get a 4th.

8. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

9. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

I would go for a new 32GB touch too after selling the 8GB.

10. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I second this!

Basically sounds like after the $100 GC it will end up being $79 for the year which works out to $6.58 a month which turns out pretty cheap for AudioBooks after all is said and done ;)

But as Zepaw said, 32GB Touch will give you all the space you are seeking which should last you for years, get yourself a nice cheap $45 Shuffle for the Gym and you get the best of both worlds.

Good luck with your decision, let us know what you choose :D

11. melpote macrumors member

melpote

The iTouch 4G 32G rules!! I am in love with mine. :D