[8gb touch questions]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by s.hoz, Feb 23, 2008.

1. s.hoz macrumors regular

s.hoz

So I have a 30gb video ipod and I'm thinking about getting a 8gb touch for just my favorite songs/internet use. I was just wondering how much gb is on the 8. (Like is is 6.20gb or whatever because of the software on it)
    Also...do you think the talk of this "$100" drop will happen in September...or next month? Should I wait? I would like one with more memory, but I have a small bank account so I wouldn't move up to get a 16, 32gb unless the price fell.

2. 11blue macrumors member

3. s.hoz thread starter macrumors regular

s.hoz

Well...there's talk of the discontinuation of the 8gb model, and a 100 price drop on the 16 and 32 models.

4. 11blue macrumors member

So they would make the 8 gig versions like, 200$

I would buy an 8 gig touch without impunity for 200$.

5. s.hoz thread starter macrumors regular

s.hoz

Key word is discontinuation

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Um, no, because the 8GB would be discontinued...

I would say wait for the 2nd generation to come out, the 1st has so many flaws that I'm returning my 4-month old 8GB Touch this week in favour of an 80GB Classic.

7. EdwardsNH macrumors member

Just wait and keep setting aside money. I started setting aside money for a true video iPod when the 5.5 version was released.

By the time it was, I had way more than enough set aside. But I didn't like how the iPhone features were removed for no apparent reason. After SDK was announced and the features were put in, I decided to buy.

Fortunately, I waited long enough for the 32 GB to come out. I'm also selling my 30 GB Video on ebay. Though I'm starting to wonder if I should buy a 4 GB nano to replace it. There are some things I just don't want to do with the Touch.