8gb vs. 16gb whos winning

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dandill23, Oct 8, 2007.

1. dandill23 macrumors member

2. db2431 macrumors regular

Its a no Brainer really, if you are going to settle for an 8gb you may as well buy the iphone, its easy enough to buy it and wangle your way out of a contract.

3. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

100% increase in storage for a 33% increase in price will do that.... I'm just wondering where the new 16GB iPhone is. And how long it'll be until we see a 32GB iPod Touch and/or iPhone.

4. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

My sister wants the 8GB. She has less than 2GB of music and only buys a song or two on iTunes every month.

Also, she's in Vermont and can't use the iPhone as AT&T is not in that market.

5. Hoo03 macrumors regular

I also jumped ship from 8GB to 16GB. Personally 8GB would have easily worked for me since I currently have 100 songs that I purchased from iTunes. But I do have alot of CDs that I need to import and I also want to be able to bring a movie or two with me during vacation.

So in the end, 16GB was more logical choice for me.

6. duraace macrumors member

16 gig is a no brainer for me. I already have 10 gigs of music on it, with lots of room for Videos, with plenty of room to spare. I couldn't do much with 8 gigs.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

lol, OP, you really think that number means anything?

Attached Files:

8. dandill23 thread starter macrumors member

It just seems to me that any company can't win. Lets say apple only released 16gb for 400 bucks. the general public would thrash them for the price. Yet at the same time they release a 8gb and no one buys it. its lose lose.

Take a look at Sony and the Playstation 3. They release a 60gb and 20gb and a month later they abolish the 20gb and make the 60 gb the same price as the 20gb was. Apple will probably have to pull a move like that next year.

9. dandill23 thread starter macrumors member

That set of data shows that lots of people look at the 8gb and then 15% of them say hey i want hte biggest and better.

Only 9% of people say "400 is too much for me, back to 8gb" and most likely those people will be upgrading their ipod sooner then later.

10. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

please, those kind of numbers only show people go directly to the stuff they want to buy, rather than which one they prefer when presented with both.

if you ask me, 15% and 9% isn't that much a big difference.

anyway,, take a look at second pics I attached. are you saying 93% of people, after looking at ZUNE, say, "huh, iPod isn't better, Im gonna get this ZUNE?" you can't interpret data as whatever you want and ignore the alternative, in this case-most reasonable, explanation. plus, there is probably ±5% uncertainties with it also.

11. Dogenzaka macrumors newbie

The mere second a 32GB iPod touch is announced I will buy it.
    Not until then. $400 for 16GB is a mother-heffin rip off.

12. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I only purchased the 8GB Touch because i will be able to sync everyday and update my play lists and movies as i wish. My music collection is more then i could have put on the 16GB Touch anyway and I’ve found the more music you have the more time you will spend skipping rather then listening to it and since the iPod Touch doesn’t have the best battery life going the less you play about with it the better.

13. Corsairkid macrumors member

Amazon.com numbers don't mean much. This thread would have been a lot better with a poll...