8gig or 16gig

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JForestZ34, Jul 15, 2008.

?

Which did you choose?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2009.
  1. 8gig

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. 16gig

53 vote(s)
    85.5%
  1. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Just did a search and was wondering how many of you guys are choosing the 16gig over the 8gig and why.. Myself I got the 8gig just because I always have my macbook pro with me and I can always put stuff on and take stuff off.. Which did you choose and why?

2. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Apps are fundamental....

I have over 6 gigs of mostly uncompressed music on my 3G. That means I would have no space left at all as it stands now.

I do not intend to remove many songs. Out of my 25K collection, I will only add as I just bought one right there off the iPhone today.

And when you consider all the apps, to me it makes no sense to not get the 16GB version. We are only in the intro stage in apps. Later they will get more complex, more powerful and of course larger.

Go back and exchange the 8 for a 16. They will not charge for the exchange or restocking fee. And you won't rue the day either. :p

3. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I was debating whether I should just get the 8GB. I have the 4GB iPhone now and only have about 755 MB left. I plan on putting more apps and more videos on the iPhone so I figure I will get the 16GB.

4. techage14 macrumors regular

techage14

Right now, I have a 16GB iPod touch. And I have no intentions of selling it. Period. And because I have a 16GB iPod touch, it just makes sense for me to get a 16GB iPhone. I have extra space on my iPod anyways. Now, if Apple released a 32GB iPhone, then it would be a completely different story. :D

5. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

before i was going to get 16GB, but then i thought "i really don't need this much memory" so i went with 8GB and couldn't be more pleased. i cant wait for 2.01 to make 2.0 a little bit more stable. It will be amazing then.

6. S Brake macrumors regular

It will be replacing my iPod so I went with a black 16 gig.

7. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I was starting to run out of capacity on my original 8GB iPhone so one of the primary reasons I wanted to upgrade was that I'd double my space. I also wanted the new 3G iPhone for the 3G...... With the goodies available to us on the new Apps Store I have the feeling that it won't be long before I'll be moaning that I'm running out of space on the 16GB iPhone, too!!

8. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

16gigs all the way

I need as much room as possible as I fill it up with music, videos, and podcasts

9. ProMod macrumors 6502a

With the black 16 GB being hard to impossible to find due to the high demand outlined in the poll, you could get an 8 GB, and if in 6 months you find that it's not meeting your needs, eBay it for maybe $100-$150. Then purchase the 16 GB, which will more than likely be $199 at that point. Or even a 32 GB that may run $299 or $349. Maybe a successful strategy, maybe not? All based on future resale predictions and product predictions.