'8mm Vintage Camera' Available for Free as Apple's App of the Week

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 31, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Each week, Apple chooses an "App of the Week" to highlight in the App Store, making it free to download for seven days. This week's pick is a camera app called 8mm Vintage Camera, which is normally priced at $1.99 on the iPhone and iPad.

8mm Vintage Camera is a photo editing app that's been around for awhile, but this is the first time that it's been made available for free since its 2010 launch.

[​IMG]

The app is designed to capture the "beauty and magic" of old school vintage movies using a selection of virtual lenses and films that include 1920, Noir, 60s, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Siena, Pela, Indigo, Tuscan and Two-Color. Apple's App Store editors had this to say about the app:
    When capturing video with 8mm Vintage Camera, you can see the live effect displayed right in the app. It supports up to 1080p HD video recording and includes features like a jitter button to imitate frame shakes and a sound switch to add a projector sound.

[​IMG]

8mm Vintage Camera can be downloaded for free for the next seven days, and after that, a new App of the Week will be chosen. There are separate versions for iPad and iPhone. [Direct Link: iPhone] [Direct Link: iPad]

Article Link: '8mm Vintage Camera' Available for Free as Apple's App of the Week

2. jtorrebl macrumors newbie

I can get pics of my kids that look like my old kid pics!

3. TreyCox macrumors regular

4. Zaqfalcon macrumors 6502

5. melancholy macrumors regular

melancholy

6. macaddiict macrumors regular

If you download and like this app, you should check out Hipstamatic for still photos. I have recently re-discovered Hipstamatic and have had so much fun taking photos, mixing filters/film effects/lens effects.

7. xdhd350 macrumors 6502

Let's not forget that this app was used to finish a film being shot on 16mm called, "Searching for Sugarman", that went on to win an Academy award. I have enjoyed using this app since it came out.

8. JosephAW macrumors 68000

JosephAW

All we need now is a service that will actually print this on 8mm film so we can preserve our iPhone videos forever. Oh wait... never mind. o_O

9. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

Nobody is forcing you to use it or like it.

10. mac1984user macrumors 6502a

mac1984user

This is a great app - been 'using' it for years. Realistically speaking, I never use this app, but it sits on my phone waiting for the moment when I want to add old-style filters to video, which is approximately never. Still, it's very cool and I'm pleased it's still supported and now, apparently, promoted!

11. Mike MA macrumors 68000

Mike MA

A very welcome alternative looking stylish and being the complete opposite to the current smart phone camera challenge going on.

12. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

13. JustThinkin' macrumors 6502

This is the worst app I've seen in a long time. It would be better if the app did nothing, rather than degrade a medium that occasionally manages to become art.

I watched and took many 8mm films. None of them ever looked this bad.