9.1 has slowed down my Apple TV 4

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Kurri, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Kurri macrumors 6502

Is anyone having issues loading a movie in iTunes since the new update. Tried to watch Jurassic park tonight and it said it would take 5 hours 38 minutes until it will play. Then tried Ant-Man and it said 2 hours 42 minutes. On 9.0 I had no issues at all. Movies would load fast and play great.

Went to my PlayStation 4, turned on vudu and tried a movie I own and it loaded instantly. Seems to only be my Apple TV since the update. I have Verizon fios 50mbps

Any suggestions?

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

tvOS 9.1 seems to have smoothed out some of the hiccups that tvOS 9.0 had.

I'm not having any issues playing iTunes content, I actually just watched Ant Man last night.

4. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

5. Kurri, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015

Kurri thread starter macrumors 6502

When you say reboot it, that just means going to the settings and restarting? I have done that a few times. Or is there a hard re-boot? I was going to restore everything but was hoping to not have to do that.

6. Poontaco macrumors regular

Maybe your bandwidth is being used up downloading a screensaver update. They are huge. What interval do you have the screensaver update set to?

7. Kurri thread starter macrumors 6502

not at home, but I'm pretty sure I have it setup to start 15min. I will restart my router and restart the apple tv when I get home, hopefully that will help. Don't understand why it would help (I'm not a computer guy really so maybe it will) when everything else on my network is working flawlessly.

8. Poontaco macrumors regular

Sorry. I don't mean the amount of time it takes for the screensaver to come on. I was referring to how often your Apple TV downloads new screensaver packs. They are more than half a Gig each. Having them set to update often could seriously impact some slower internet connections.

9. Kurri thread starter macrumors 6502

ill have to check thanks for the suggestion

10. steve123 macrumors regular

Could you please point out where this setting is? I do not recall seeing this anywhere.

11. Agent2015 macrumors regular

Agent2015

12. Poontaco macrumors regular

Settings>General>Screensaver>Type:Aerial