9/16 pick up check in window hold

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gzalito, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Gzalito macrumors regular

hi guys , because of the rush of doing it fast i ve selected a "non possible for me on Friday " chech in window (8 to 8.30). Do you know if they hold the phone for some time? I guess that pick up is different to a reservation like last years, where u lose ur spot if no show...

Also noted that now on apple pre order site theres a text that says "pick up visiting an apple store on Friday 16" i think thats good news if u didnt got what u wanted on pre order day..

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Unfortunately they don't hold phones past the window at launch due to the high demand particularly on that day.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 10, 2016 ---
    What if I’m late for my reservation?
    Please arrive as close to your check-in window as possible. If you’re late, or if you miss your scheduled time, we may not be able to hold the model you reserved. This means you may have to make another reservation.

3. Gzalito thread starter macrumors regular

Well that makes sense for the reservation type launch that they made last year with the 6s, because it was only a reservation (no cc charge), but since this year is a pick up, where ur charged fully and before the check in , i think that will not be right :/

4. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Oh sorry didn't catch that part. In that case I can't see why they wouldn't hold it seeing as the phone has been paid for and they are simply holding it for you. Sorry about my mix up.