9/20/09 Discount Questions *Military*

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fizzyftw, Sep 20, 2009.

1. fizzyftw macrumors newbie

I hope you guys dont mind helping me, ive used the search function and im not able to find exactly what im looking for :(

Anyways, here is my story.

Im looking at getting the iPhone 3gs.

So some of the questions I had was:

Are there any military discounts (navy fellow here)? and if so what are they?
    I was going to sign up and get an individual plan and I was looking at the
    Nation 450 w/Rollover® Minutes Package, along with the iPhone Text Messaging Unlimited for $20

Last question. Is there anything specific I would have to do/go if I was to get a military discount (if it exists?) Such as, something easy such as show a valid military id card, or would I have to bring in forms showing im in the military or what?

Would I also have to go to a corporate store to do this?

Thanks for ALL the help. it really means alot to me

-Chris

2. buffalo macrumors 65816

I'm also looking to switch to at&t to get the iPhone with the same plan. The military discount is 15% off the service. I would think that showing your military ID would be good enough, but I did not think to ask when I was recently in the store.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I would go to an AT&T store to do this, they are best at handling corporate discounts, I would imagine that would be the case for military as well...

4. fizzyftw thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so you went in and they said there is in fact a 15% military discount?

5. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

When I worked for the Air Force, Cingular (this was before the AT&T takeover) offered a 15% or so discount on the monthly service. We had to go to the local store and show ID. Also, there was a special website to manage your account online after the change over. I think later on, they made it so that you could register online by sending an email from your .mil account. This was a few years ago, and before the takeover, so I don't know how they are doing things now.

6. ebustin macrumors newbie

Just go to att and show your ID. Thats all I did