Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

armhol

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Skype IS available on the iPod Touch by using the Fring app. Skype is just one of the many possibilities and it s possible to voice and text message using your existing Skype account. Check it out!

You'd think so, but it has been quite a while and nobody has heard anything from Skype, specifically. There is only one VoIP app on the app store right now, so I guess it really hasn't caught on yet. I bet anything that there will be a VoIP program for the Touch, but whether it will be Skype is up for debate-

On the one hand, larger companies tend to tread lightly and slowly- which could explain its absence from the App Store.

On the other hand, it has been so long that even Spore has an app for the iPhone/iPod Touch, and we know those guys are slooooow.

You'll just have to wait and see- contact the guys who have the only VoIP app on the store (TruPhone) and ask for iPod Touch support if you want, it never hurts to ask (see this thread)!

fuziwuzi

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2007
Bris, Australia
can i get away with using a dedicated mic for recording. i have one already, and like the senstivity for recording lectures

this is the mic i have

Sony_ECM-DS70P.jpg

AKmike

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2008
I don't think that sony mic will work but I could be wrong. If you look at the previous page of this thread check out the contacts in the pic someone posted. The contacts on your mic are where the stereo headphone output is, and the mic input is the next band up. There is a splitter that splits the headphone and mic input but I don't know if it moves that contact or not. It wouldn't be hard to cut and rewire a headphone cable with a mic on it. than you could set it up to take any standard mic like the one you have. This is something I want to do as well so I hope you get it working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.