Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daraj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Anyone noticed after this update that their reception dropped down? I used to get three bars in my house consistently, now one bar to No service with wifi calling kicking in always!!! never had wifi calling the need to kick in. I tried hard rebooting and resetting network setting but no dice. considering entering DFU and starting fresh. Just odd!!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Anyone noticed after this update that their reception dropped down? I used to get three bars in my house consistently, now one bar to No service with wifi calling kicking in always!!! never had wifi calling the need to kick in. I tried hard rebooting and resetting network setting but no dice. considering entering DFU and starting fresh. Just odd!!
No changes with 9.3.1 and AT&T for me.

Reactions: jbachandouris

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains

I have mine set as numeric and haven't seen a noticeable issue. Inside my house I see -85 to -105 based on location. It looks the same so far but I will keep a closer eye on it.
If I see anything good or bad I'll post back.

starikarp

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2013
On mine (AT&T) drop me one dot. I hope that is just a bad weather...
[doublepost=1459540772][/doublepost]On mine (AT&T) drop me one dot. I hope that is just a bad weather...

THE dAY

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2010
SFV California
I have a 6 plus, yesterday installed 9.3 then a few minutes later 9.3.1 showed up and installed that. I was at home on wifi yesterday so didn't notice and issue. Today while traveling I noticed 'no service' on my phone and since then it's gone back and forth from 1-2 bars to ' no service'.
So I'm experiencing similar issue as OP.
I've tried turning off/on the phone and same issue occurs.

iphnhelp

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
Yep definitely have this, reception has taken a hit. So has wifi. Also my wifi calling reception is terrible since 9.3 betas started. Was great on 9.2

daraj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
i knew i wasn't going crazy!! ughh can we downgrade? That actually explains why some people are experiencing battery drain issues

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Been watching and comparing for the last couple of days and I am not seeing anything negative, or positive, on my 6S+ in regards to LTE reception.
If that changes I'll post an update.

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
Why do people believe in the DOTS. It doesn't mean jack S. You need to do field test.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
How do you set a numeric value?
I have mine set as numeric and haven't seen a noticeable issue. Inside my house I see -85 to -105 based on location. It looks the same so far but I will keep a closer eye on it.
If I see anything good or bad I'll post back.

daraj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Why do people believe in the DOTS. It doesn't mean jack S. You need to do field test.
When you clearly had 4 DOTS and after the update only one and switching to "No Service" then you don't need the field test mode to confirm the problem!!
Anyway, ever since i did a DFU fresh install and things came back to normal.

Reactions: daniruth01

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
How do you set a numeric value?

From CNET:

1. Open the Phone app and from the keypad dial *3001#12345#* and then tap the Callbutton.

2. Once in Field Test mode, you will see a negative number instead of the five dots in the upper-left corner. The closer to zero, the stronger your signal. As a rule of thumb, according to CNET's own Marguerite Reardon, "around -113 decibels is on the low end of the signal bar range, and around -50 decibels is on the high end." If you press the Home button to exit Field Test mode normally, the dots will return. We want to keep the numbers around, so instead of hitting the Home button, hold down the power button until the Slide to power off message appears.

3. Release the power button and from the power off screen, hold down the Home button for roughly five seconds until you exit Field Test mode. The signal strength numbers will remain and you can toggle between the numbers and the dots by tapping on them.

To reverse course and get rid of the signal strength numbers, go back into Field Test mode as you did in step 1 above and then simply hit the Home button to exit Field Test mode. When you return to your home screen, the familiar five dots will greet you.

Reactions: gaanee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.