9.3.1 beta on new IP Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NJFP, Apr 9, 2016.

1. NJFP macrumors 6502

So, just bought the new iPad Pro, the large one. Attempting to install iOS beta 931 on it. The beta has downloaded, but I get the message "you can install once your iPad Pro has completed backing up from iCloud. I bought and set it up from my old iPad's backup 3 DAYS AGO! How the heck long does a backup take to finish from the cloud? All my apps are here, all my passwords and such came over, and it's working flawlessly. I just can't get the beta to install. I've rebooted, shut down, restarted, deleted the beta profile and reinstalled and redownloaded the beta software. It installed seamlessly on my iPhone, but so far, it's a no go on the iPad Pro. Little help here from the guru's????

2. janezblond macrumors member

janezblond

If you are happy that everything is in place, you should be able to cancel the restore by going to iCloud -> Backup.

3. NJFP thread starter macrumors 6502

Well DUH! I forgot all about that!! Thanks, All is well now, installed and all seems to be working as it should.

4. lax28 macrumors regular

lax28

If your backup was taking so long, it my have been downloading things like photos, videos and music to the iPad, I have had iCloud backups in the past seem to take forever, until I turned on iCloud Photo Library and to optimize the storage. When all originals where keep and downloaded restores seemed to get hung up at times and take days to complete. May be coincidence...just my thoughts/experiences

5. richard371 macrumors 68000