9.3 beta 4 still hasn't fixed the touch ID status bar bug

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by BlockEight88, Feb 23, 2016.

1. BlockEight88 macrumors regular

Why? This has been present on the iPhone 6S since 9.0. The bug I am talking about is when you unlock the device with touch ID, the status bar will completely blink when unlocking it. Its really annoying. I don't get how this BUG gets past Apple??? And this bug is present in ALL versions of iOS 9 on the iPhone 6S/+.

2. chrfr macrumors 603

You mean it disappears as the lock screen fades away? What makes you think that's a bug? The status bar is bigger on the lock screen and it has to resize to the smaller size when the phone is unlocked.

3. BlockEight88 thread starter macrumors regular

True, but it does not do this on iPhone 6.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

The behavior on my 6 (running 9.3b4) and 6S (running 9.2.1) is absolutely identical.
    I've never noticed it on any phone. Have you reported this to Apple? This certainly is not a high priority bug if it is one at all.

5. vertsix macrumors 65816

vertsix

I have a 6s on 9.3 beta 4 and this doesn't happen to me. Also didn't happen on 9.2.1, so I'm not sure why it's happening to you.

Reset all settings and see if that helps.

6. chrfr macrumors 603

It isn't happening on my phones.

7. teeshot44 macrumors member

teeshot44

Two iPhones in the family. Wife with a 6 and me with a 6s. Both running 9.3 beta 4. Have both run all beta versions of 9.3. Never seen the issue you are describing.

8. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

You mean the status bar briefly disappears then comes back smaller?

This is normal intended behavior.

9. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

I see the exact same behaviour on my 6S and my iPad. I see no blinking on either - just the swap out.

10. ant3kn macrumors newbie

I have iPhone 6S and I'm having status bar lag since 9.0. It only occurs when unlocking via Touch ID. Just look at video.

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I've had this since my iPhone 5s on iOS 7. Also was there on my iPhone 6 with iOS 8 and now my 6s with iOS 9. Pretty sure its intended behavior.

Even if it is a 'bug' which I'm pretty sure its not. Its not an important bug, its aesthetic. It does not effect the day to day operations of the device, so its definitely not at the top of the list for Apple to 'fix', again if it is a bug.

12. lpb macrumors newbie

Sure it's a bug! I also have this problem since 9.0 and when the status bar is freezing I can't do anything with the phone. The whole phone is freezing for 1-2 seconds.

I made a bug report to Apple that was reported as duplicate!

13. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Phone freezing is not what is being discussed here. Whats being discussed is the status bar vanishing because it needs to resize to the smaller size that is shown when the phone is unlocked compared to the lock screen.

14. chitown3014 macrumors newbie

This is happening on my 6s running 9.2 but not on my
    5s running 9.0.2. Not sure why that is the case since both have same settings and restored from same backup.