9.7 iPad dropping prices

Discussion in 'iPad' started by butoft, Feb 13, 2018.

1. butoft macrumors newbie

I noticed that many of the big retailers such as Target, Walmart, and Best Buy have dropped their prices down to $279 for the 32GB iPad 9.7 inch model. That leads me to believe Apple is coming out with an updated 9.7 inch model in March. Just a FYI for people thinking of purchasing the 9.7 inch model anytime soon. I'm also speculating that Apple will put the regular A10 chip in the updated version.

2. sracer macrumors 604

sracer

Thanks for the heads-up.

FYI, price reductions/sales are no longer an indicator of new/updated models will be coming out. For the past few years, Apple has had a new marketing model that includes regular sales on iPads. Nearly every week, there is a sale somewhere on iPads... from $50-$150 off.

3. rowspaxe macrumors 68000

rowspaxe

This is an amazing value!

4. slooksterPSV macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

If I didn’t have one already I’d go get one. :) I got mine after Christmas for $249 :). Best tablet ever :)

5. gobikerider macrumors 68020

gobikerider

Same thing with MacBooks as well. Apple has a great relationship with BestBuy.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Apple turns to Best Buy to move some of their hardware. It is a,good way for them to move stock without dropping the price on their site. Currently there are specials on iMac’s and other Apple devices.

7. LovingTeddy macrumors 65816

LovingTeddy

LOL... I brought two iPad 9.7 from Costco recently in Canada. I did not notice the similar price drop in Bestbuy Canada. If Apple announces new iPad on March, I guess I will have a trip to Costco for exchange. 90 days return period is awesome!! Plus, they are selling about 20 dollars cheaper than Apple Store.

8. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

The stores in the stats are overstock. Well they are carrying more than usual so the will most likely run sales to move the inventory. Some of the Target stores even have older iPad accessories.

9. turbineseaplane macrumors 68040

turbineseaplane

Really great value..
    Only thing I wish it had that the iPP has is the True-Tone screen.

Once you get used to that, it's pretty jarring to not have it, especially at night and in many different lighting scenarios throughout the day.

10. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

If it just had the 4GB of RAM that the 10.5 Pro has, I'd have bought one a long time ago. Bleh. :(

11. cSalmon macrumors newbie

cSalmon

Kinda shows how their (apple) refurbished prices are not that great of a deal

12. Richard8655 macrumors 6502a

Richard8655

This model is the best bang for the buck, IMO. The better the discount the better the value.