9.7 iPad Pro Dead

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mguzzi, Oct 22, 2016.

1. mguzzi macrumors regular

I have a 128GB iPad Pro that I have had for less than three months and it just stopped charging and powering on. It is completely unresponsive. I took it into the Apple Store and they are ordering me a replacement under warranty. Has anyone else had the same issue with the iPad Pro 9.7 ? I just wondered if I had a defective iPad or if this was a common issue.

Thanks -

2. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

sounds like just a faulty unit. Certainly not the norm

3. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I doubt this would be considered a 'Normal' issue. Sounds like your device is defective on its own. At least yours is under warranty.

4. Cameroncafe10a macrumors member

Cameroncafe10a

I had this exact same problem with mine! I got my iPad in June and it suddenly stopped charging in September. Luckily it was still under warranty and they gave me a replacement iPad at the Apple Store. (128gb iPad Pro 9.7")

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I can not believe they did I not replace the iPad on the spot. Both of my 9.7 units have worked without flaw. The iPad Pro saved me mentally as I was able to watch the news and stay in contact with the world during hurricane Mathew when I lost power for 6 days. Had unlimited cellular and ATT even texted me and said they were suspending all cell limits due to the storm and lack of electricity. At no time did ATT go down or I ever lost service. ATT has been good to me.

6. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Same exact thing happened to my boss. We are good friends and live near by he called me and asked if I could meet at the Apple Store which is very close by it's a 2 minute drive here on Miami Beach. His 12.9 iPad Pro was dead. They offered to give him a new one on the spot.
    I stepped in because I know he wanted the 9.7 Pro much better because his kids hated the 12.9 Pro too big.
    The manager came along and Authorized it. Genius Bar guy said it's a failsafe kill switch when the Pro models detect a battery failure so they don't blow up like Samsung Note 7s.