Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Why wouldn't they fit? You are taking about 0.05in in height. Everything else is the same.

There is always some wiggle room in these cases. You should be fine.

jjd

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2003
Why wouldn't they fit? You are taking about 0.05in in height. Everything else is the same.

There is always some wiggle room in these cases. You should be fine.

Nope. They don't. Just bought two new 9.7 smart covers. Fits my wife iPad Air 2 no probs. But will not stay on my 9.7 IPP. The prob is the side attachment.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
The OP said "cases" not "covers" so I was assuming they were asking about a case. I've helped several friend buy a "case" for their iPad 9.7 that said on the box its for a 9.7 Pro. We picked up a Poetic rugged case for the Pro that fits for the 9.7in.

Case = backside
cover = front side

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
The OP said "cases" not "covers" so I was assuming they were asking about a case. I've helped several friend buy a "case" for their iPad 9.7 that said on the box its for a 9.7 Pro. We picked up a Poetic rugged case for the Pro that fits for the 9.7in.

Case = backside
cover = front side

True, but since someone brought it up, it was relevant. And a case can be front and back, while a shell is just the back and a cover is just the front.

I went from an Air to a Pro. The cases from the Air mostly fit the Pro, but there are a few differences that make them less than optimal.

Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.