iPad Pro 9.7 warped, bent, concave

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sookainian, Apr 21, 2016.

1. sookainian, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016

sookainian macrumors regular

Just receive my brand new iPad Pro 9.7" and I notice it's slightly warped/bent/concave. If you look down at the side of the iPad you can see it's slightly dished.

Here is a video of my iPad on a flat glass surface, you can see the center of the iPad Pro is not flat.

Right Side

Left Side

There's another another thread on Apple Support Communities about this issue. So just wondering anyone here also have/notice this issue ?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7516608?tstart=0

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I haven't noticed this about mine but I guess I'll check it out later. Regardless, it probably won't affect performance but since you are still in your return period take it back if you aren't satisfied.

3. sookainian, Apr 21, 2016

sookainian thread starter macrumors regular

I did contact Apple regarding about this issue, and they have sent me a new replacement unit but it's also having the same issue.

So I'm wondering is it a batch issue or everyone iPad Pro is also slightly warp too ?

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Wait, you got your new iPad Pro 9.7" today... contacted Apple... and got sent a replacement... all in the same day??

5. sookainian thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for the misunderstanding, the new unit is the brand new repalcement unit which I received today.

Both unit have the same issue.

6. RedOrchestra Suspended

Looking back on your posts you certainly do have an inordinate number of problems with Apple products, no?

7. sookainian, Apr 21, 2016

sookainian thread starter macrumors regular

Let's not get off topic. It's only 2 post which is in 2012 and 2015 and its long time ago. Plus it's not related to this. :)

So are you having the same issue ?

8. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I watched both videos
    Doesn't appear to be an issue to me
    I doubt I would have ever noticed and I'm sure it wouldn't bother me

9. jqc macrumors regular

I had noticed that issue to some degree on basically all the ipads we have, a 2, and Air 2, a Mini 2, Mini 4.

Not to the same degree as you show in the vid, but they all are slightly curved up in the corners. Hasnt been an issue in practice but I dont think theyve been as bad as what you're showing.