$9.95 Up To Date SL - @ The Apple Store This Friday?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HappyDude20, Aug 25, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

So, I'm trying to do the $9.95 Up to Date thing for Snow Leopard on the Apple Online Store but it's not working.

I got a refurbished June 09 Macbook Pro, though not from the Apple Store or the Online Apple Store but got it directly from AppleCare...This is why I believe I can't complete the "Up to Date" form online, therefore am wondering if I can just take my proof of purchase and any other forms I may need this coming Friday and purchase it in store for $9.95...

..Is this a possibility? Any recommendations?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

2. psirix macrumors member

Is the Up-to-date purchase working for anyone?

I'm having a similar issue - I purchased my MacBook Pro from apple.com on 8/6, recieved the unit on 8/14 I believe. However, I have gone several times to apple.com today in attempt to spend the the $9.95 on the up-to-date program, but the item never successfully adds to the cart. I get through the "qualifying" my system, but the product never adds to the cart. Has anyone else had a similar issue? I know you can use the mail form or fax it, but I'd prefer the online purchase. I'm pretty disappointed I can't get the order to go through!

3. j-hov macrumors member

j-hov

It worked for me.
    I pre-ordered my copy using the 9.95 up to date thing yesterday.
    No problems yet

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

If it's from Apple Care, you didn't "buy" the Mac in the qualifying period. They would go by your original purchase date. Therefore, you're not eligible for the program.

Pretty sure stores won't honnor the UTD program. They'll only have a small number of drop-in discs for the systems they sell that don't have it pre-installed.

5. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

DAMMIT!

I'm thinking i'm gonna have to give AppleCare a call tomorrow and really put on a show. Hopefully they'll let me have it for $10.

I know $29 is already low priced enough but, knowing others are getting it for $10....

...lol.

6. JPark macrumors 6502a

Or there's always Amazon for $24.

7. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

hmmm, if I order it tonight would it get here by Friday?

I have a friend who also has a Macbook Pro so was gonna ask him if he wanted to do the Family Pack...but the Fam Pack has 5 right?

I think that's too many..

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

From Amazon, no. I ordered from Amazon last time, and they didn't ship until release date.

The family pack must be used in the same household.

9. Redline13 macrumors 6502

If you can afford a MBP you can afford the $29.

10. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

See thats what I 1st thought.

When I bought the Leopard Family Pack of Leopard the weekend it came out I assumed it didn't matter if it was under the same household as long as whoever used it was family.

I installed it on 2 macs at home and then my sister installed it on her mac, who was off to college in Nevada, while we were in California...

Then I remember seeing this who debate here on MacRumors about the ethical implications and where morals stand regarding the matter.

Personally, I could care less...but I won't be getting the family pack most likely this time around.

11. LReyes66 macrumors member

how do i get sl for 9.95 if i bought my mbp from best buy last week?

12. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

Lots of people are having problems with the website. Try through firefox, and if that fails, iphone or ipod touch

13. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s