9.99 hd movies on itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MikaelSmoot, Jul 2, 2009.

1. MikaelSmoot macrumors member

on the movies page in itunes theres a listing under great movies , great prices

for 9.99 hd movies, it has a bunch of lionsgate movies like rambo and stargate, but there all the 9.99 sd version,

anyone have any ideas, is it a place holder for next week or typo

or they just taking there time putting them on, would love american psycho in hd

2. NightStorm macrumors 68000

That would be great; I'd buy the original Stargate in HD for $9.99.

3. jkimbro0316 macrumors regular

Sadly, It's probably just a typo considering the SD is the same price. I may be wrong though, and I hope I am actually! This is a little off topic, but how does Apple or Sony with their Blu-Ray discs make older movies into a better HD resolution then when the movies were released? There are quite a few older titles available in Blu-Ray high-def and I've never quite understood how they were able to convert those into an HD format.

4. BayouBengal macrumors regular

They use very high quality digital scanners to scan the analog film.

5. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

Film is not bound by maximum lines of resolution until it's digitized. -It's like a developed photograph.

To make old movies HD, they just need to rescan them at 720 or better from the original film.

As for these 9.99 HD movies, what's going on? So far only one on the promo page actually links to the HD movie. The rest go to the SD version.

I think I might email iTunes support and let them know.

6. MikaelSmoot thread starter macrumors member

Under the 9.99 hd movies section they are al sd movies except american psycho which has a buy hd movie button for 9.99 the others are not in hd yet, i guess theyll update tuesday