9 hours on i5 not i7?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by curtoise, Jun 10, 2013.

1. curtoise macrumors 6502a

I've ordered a 11' i7 but i see at the bottom of the Macbook Air tech specs page that all tests were performed with the i5 processor, I think I'll get less battery with the i7, can anybody tell if there is a real impact on i5 vs i7 speed?

If speeds are similar I think I'll prefer to get more battery life but they are no mentioning how much you will get on the i7.

2. Bear macrumors G3

The i7 has the same power draw according to Intel's web site. I don't think the impact on the battery will be noticeable.

3. curtoise thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess I'll have to wait for the reviews and then exchange for an i5 if battery impact on i7 is higher.

From their tech specs page:

Testing conducted by Apple in May 2013 using preproduction 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Air units and preproduction 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The HD movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 720p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.