#9 on Queue List - wait it out or go to Apple tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SandersHokie, Jul 31, 2008.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

The apple store is about 90 minutes from where I live. I ordered on the 24th of July. Today I just moved up to #9, and it looks like my local at&t store only shipped out one phone today. So should I wait it out, or drive the 90 minutes tomorrow morning?

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

All Apple stores in my area seem to have them in stock today. Check the stock info in your region.

3. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

the one on the apple website? I called the store and they said they had some in, but that he could not honestly tell me if they will have them tomorrow or not. I can understand that. I'll probably call before I drive though. I just can't decide if I should wait it out with AT&T or just drive to the apple store.

4. shinenjk macrumors regular

Apple Stores have a lot of them in stock. Check the online availability website www.apple.com/retail/iphone the night before you head out then get there early. From my experience they seem to receive shipments around 10-11AM but of course that could vary.

5. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

so you'd recommend doing that instead of waiting for AT&T?

If i am a new AT&T customer, can they activate me and get all that good stuff taken care of at the apple store?

6. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I would wait it out since you've waited so long already. What's a couple more days?

7. nerd macrumors member

I'd say wait it out. I was #153 on 7/20, #68 on 7/28, #43 on 7/29, #14 on 7/30, and now I'm #8. I'm hoping to get the phone Saturday or at least by Monday.

8. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

i'm just not so sure if it will be only a couple more days ...

9. maddan macrumors regular

Which iPhone model did you order?

10. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I am not sure how their queue process works, but if you move up as the days progress, then I would wait until you are in the top 5, but I have no clue how this process works.

11. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

black, 8G 3GiPhone

12. cambridge1807 macrumors member

It shouldn't be too long then. At least you aren't getting the 16gb black since that takes a lot longer to arrive. You probably have a week or so more to wait at this rate. It depends on how badly you want it and how patient you are. Are you willing to sacrifice a 90 minute drive and an hour or so of waiting to have it a week sooner?

I'm not sure what I would do in your position since its' a 90 minute drive and it seems like there isn't guaranteed iPhones in stock. If you have nothing to do, just go for it at the Apple store. I can't believe you even waited this long though, aren't you all giddy to get a new toy? :p

13. maddan macrumors regular

Correct, the waiting time depends on what model you ordered. According to my queue, it looks like the 8GB Black takes about 7 days for it to ship, while the 16GB White takes 3 days, and the 16GB Black takes around two weeks.

14. MasonMI macrumors regular

i would wait it out you may face more of headache by driving to the Apple store and they would be out of stock or run into problems trying to cancel your DF order from AT&T, i was actually thinking the same thing of just going to an Apple store however i moved up to #2 in my queue so it should only be a day or so before i get my 16GB iphone in black.