9 Web Pages Open in 1.1.3!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macduke, Jan 17, 2008.

1. macduke macrumors 603

macduke

I've been clicking on my new web clips a lot since the upgrade and opening new pages in safari. This is most likely a bug but could be seen in a future update if they've figured out a better way to manage memory on the iPhone.

As everyone knows Safari only allows 8 pages open at a time. Well I was switching tabs from Gizmodo to Macrumors and noticed the number was missing which indicates how many pages are open. I counted, then recounted 3 more times and sure enough, it has 9 pages open! Even shows 9 dots!

Most likely a bug with the web clips, but shows the capability of Safari. I also surfed the web while listening to the ipod for nearly an hour with no crashes? Has anyone else experienced this? I hope it stays this stable but I doubt it. I also noticed with web clips, at 9 open pages, I tried opening a new web clip, Engadget, and it arbitrarily opened safari, scrolled to my second tab google, and replaced the contents without even giving me a warning about having too many pages open. Does anyone else know what in the world is going on?

2. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I believe I read somewhere that the iPhone can now have up to 10 web pages open at one time. I noticed using the web icons on the home page I get more pages open so maybe that why the increase.

3. macduke thread starter macrumors 603

macduke

Update...I now have 10 pages open. I thought it might be a glitch because it wouldn't let me open more...just sometimes. It also doesn't show the page count in the lower right?