90 Days of support

Guitarman89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Hi all. I am new to this forum. Am I entitled to the 90 days of support even If I purchased from my Macbook Pro from Best Buy rather than the Apple store?

Last edited:

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Hi all. I am new to this forum. Am I entitled to the 90 days of support even If I purchased from my Macbook Pro from Best Buy rather than the Apple store?
The 90 days refers to telephone support, and yes, you're eligible for it if you buy from Best Buy.

If you buy AppleCare, the 90 days of telephone support is extended to three years (from the date you purchased your MacBook Pro), along with the included hardware warranty.

If you ever need help (regardless of your telephone warranty status), you can make an appt at the Genius Bar, assuming you have an Apple Store nearby. It's free.

Guitarman89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
90 Day Support

The 90 days refers to telephone support, and yes, you're eligible for it if you buy from Best Buy.

If you buy AppleCare, the 90 days of telephone support is extended to three years (from the date you purchased your MacBook Pro), along with the included hardware warranty.

If you ever need help (regardless of your telephone warranty status), you can make an appt at the Genius Bar, assuming you have an Apple Store nearby. It's free.
Do I get the use of the Genius Bar without the Apple Care? If so for how long?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.