90GB OCZ SSD $69.99 after rebate...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iforbes, Feb 13, 2012.

1. iforbes macrumors 6502

For anyone interested..Amazon Goldbox DotD.

Disclaimer...i know nothing of this drive, brand, etc...just saw the deal and know a bunch of you like the SSDs...

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

On details of refund it says must be ordered by 1/31/12

3. iforbes thread starter macrumors 6502

That, sir, is a good find! Buyer beware...sorry I missed that.

4. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

$99 is still a good price IMHO

5. bdinger macrumors member

bdinger

FWIW, I have a OCZ Force GT in a HP EliteBook that I use when I must use windows for consulting. It's by far the fastest SSD I have in various machines, but it's also the most finicky. I was having daily bluescreens until last month when I again upgraded the firmware, now it's basically weekly. It's a bit maddening.

I'd stick with Intel or potentially Crucial. I've had no issues in almost two years of having a INtel X-25M Gen 2 SSD in my white MacBook, and the Crucial C300 in my MBP was previously in a high-end PC laptop for six months is brutally fast and haven't had an issue with.

Just again, my input is to avoid them. I know others who run them on 3GB SATA have decent luck, and those who use them on non-Intel 6GB chipsets are fine, but quite a few folks running them on Intel 6GB SATA chipsets are having serious issues. Enough to make me seriously wary.

6. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Some have problems - My early 2011 15 MBP loves its Vertex 3 MAX - zero problems and crazy fast.