92% Battery Capacity On New Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skinnybones111, Jul 25, 2011.

1. skinnybones111 macrumors member

92% Battery Capacity On My Less then a week old Macbook Pro

2. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

You're fine. I mean I know this prolly isn't what you wanna hear but your MBP usually stops at95% to prevent overcharge and spending cycles. Unless it dramatically decreases in the near future you should be fine. But feel free to ask a genius if you're worried

3. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

Mine was at 94% after calibration when I got it new, it now fluctuates in the 80s a year after but always above 80%. Apple usually won't do anything for you unless it gets drastically worse.

4. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Honestly, why do people worry about this? If it gets below 80% before it's supposed to, Apple will replace it. I can see it being annoying if you're always on battery and are losing valuable mobile minutes but most people here that complain about the 2-3% drop are just annoyed that it's not 100%.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's perfectly normal that your battery health (capacity) will fluctuate up and down over time. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

6. GoGamecocks macrumors member

Actually, I read on the Apple website that new MBP no longer need to be calibrated like previous years

7. PaulyD macrumors 6502

Mine was on 97% after 32 cycles (bought my 2010 MBP 13" second hand)

Dropped as low as 92% and gone back up to 96% after 58 cycles. It will flucuate

Initially started looking into this, googling for other people with low cycle counts and seeing percentage dropping but gave up and just decided to use my machine as intended rather than worry about something like this.

If it does get below the Apple standard (80% after 1000 cycles I believe) then I will just get it replaced. Its no problem really.

8. skinnybones111, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

skinnybones111 thread starter macrumors member

Okay well I calibrated my battery, I followed instructions at apple.com and now I only get about one hour of battery life!
    also im running lion

9. mac00l macrumors 6502

If you get one hour from your battery doing light stuff like browsing and such, then go to Apple, that is not a normal behavior at all.

10. DropKick macrumors member

yeah istat says 96% health for a month old laptop, but it does flucate... not sure how reliable the istat or coconut is. I also just reset the SMC so I'll see if that makes any difference.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Calibration will not change the amount of time you get on a charge. It only makes your readings more accurate.
    They're reliable apps, but they only report what your Mac tells them. Fluctuation is normal.