9400 vs 9600 graphic card - different colors?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lars666, May 19, 2009.

1. lars666 macrumors 6502a

Hi everbody,

I'm using a MacBook Pro Unibody and the Aurora Blue wallpaper for my desktop (the blue version of the standard wallpaper, comes with the server edition of Mac OSX, I think). When I switch between the two graphic cards (resp. the graphic chip and the card), I notice that the blue looks correctly when using the 9400, but definitely too purple when switching to the 9600. When I plug in my external ACD, both cards show the same correct blue. Is this normal? It's not that big of a deal and I'm not able to calibrate a display, but I'm just curious if this is normal ... Thanks in advance!!

2. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

3. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi Mike,

I just don't know how to do so as I am no graphic pro. On the other side, I don't need accurate colors because of this - mabye, as I just need it for my viewing pleasure and not for checking photos etc., an accurate calibrated display even would look "worse" to me as I like deep, glossy colors ...? Anyway, I would like to have the same blue (which I guess is the more correct color for the Aurora Blue wallpaper) which produces the 9400 and which is shown with both cards on my ACD ...

Mabye anybody can make the short test, but Aurora blue as their default wallpaper and change cards to see if it looks different on their computers, too ...? Here it is:

http://plastik.hu/media/Aurora Blue.jpg

4. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

http://www.bergdesign.com/supercal/

Use this, on both your mac and display. then see if it still happens. It will calibrate it, and honestly, this little app sure does make the screen look good

5. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a