Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DesmoPilot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Don't know what's gone wrong but since 10.6.4 Adium won't display my contact list (also for some reason the App Icon has changed to black instead of the green it used to be). Tried re-installing and deleting preferences to no avail.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
AIM's buddy list appears to be down for everyone. Most claim their buddies have been deleted but I still see them in Trillian.

I believe it's some sort of server or communication issue. AdiumX throws out a "cannot add buddy 1" error for me. It was working fine until a few hours ago.

DesmoPilot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
AIM's buddy list appears to be down for everyone. Most claim their buddies have been deleted but I still see them in Trillian.

I believe it's some sort of server or communication issue. AdiumX throws out a "cannot add buddy 1" error for me. It was working fine until a few hours ago.

Ah well that makes sense then; thanks.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Ah well that makes sense then; thanks.
As much as I don't like Twitter, it's a good litmus test to see if a widely used service is broken.

After I tried out AdiumX and iChat I went to Twitter and searched for "AIM". There's a massive freak out going on.

DesmoPilot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
As much as I don't like Twitter, it's a good litmus test to see if a widely used service is broken.

After I tried out AdiumX and iChat I went to Twitter and searched for "AIM". There's a massive freak out going on.

Never thought of that actually; good idea (I too hate Twitter and avoid it completely, cringe every time I hear "tweet" or "twitter").

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Never thought of that actually; good idea (I too hate Twitter and avoid it completely, cringe every time I hear "tweet" or "twitter").
It was helpful during the last GMail outage.

AIM is working for me now. They might be pushing a patch out on different servers. You might be loaded onto a working mirror.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.