9600 Gt

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Apollo7011, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Apollo7011 macrumors member

Exactly how old/outdated is this video card? I will be doing alot of work in Photoshop/Illustrator/Aperture some work in Maya, some sound editing work, and in my free times playing some video games. Looking really forward to Steam headed to OSX. Will this card be able to handle everything I need now, and in the near future (3-4 years from now)?

2. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

pretty outdated. it will run a lot of things now, but many things will run badly and in 1 year or so anything you run will likely be difficult.

3. PAC88 macrumors 6502

it's pretty old in technology years but it will still do most if not all of what you want it to do today..
    3-4 years down the road.. it will still be good and do all the adobe suites etc just fine..but I wouldn't expect it for one second to play 2014 games at the highest settings

It sounds like you keep your computers for a while like I do.. so it would probably pay off to wait for the updated ones coming.. it seems like they will never be released.. but the day is coming really soon.

with that said.. if you can get a really good deal on a current mbp, I would say get it because it is still a great computer and will be for a long time.. but I wouldn't pay full retail for it at this point with new ones around the corner