9600gt card

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MazzaBL, Feb 16, 2010.

1. MazzaBL macrumors newbie

hello, im new to macs and recently just purchased a brand new 15" mbp 2.66ghz model. i've been running defualt settings since i got the computer but recently just switched to using the 9600gt card (performance mode) and notice that apps open and close alot faster, and web pages render faster as well. my question is, are there any negatives to running the 9600gt all the time aside from more battery consumption? will it run hotter or cause anything to fail sooner? thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The MBP will get about 5° C/K hotter.

But it will not die faster that way.

3. wschutz macrumors 6502

Nope, there aren't.

Enjoy your brand new beast! :)
    (I recently sold mine (same as yours but with replaceable battery), and I was very happy with it... but I needed the battery time of the latest ones, however I'm waiting for the new ones to come up :)

4. MazzaBL thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the responses, good to know i can safely run the 9600gt, i'd prefer the performance over the battery life seeing as how this thing gets amazing battery life either way. so far im loving this thing, great build quality, nice design, and the mac os is by far better than any version of windows ive ever used, no issues what so ever thus far (knock on wood). the performance is great and suites my needs. definitely money well spent. :D