Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randomhkkid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Hey first post :). My macbook pro 15" wouldn't turn on a couple of days ago but yesterday i turned it on and everything seemed to work. Then i realised that the iSight and bluetooth weren't working. Apart from that it was fine. I then decided i wanted to use windows through bootcamp but when i tried to start it up it just black screened and didn't boot up. I then realised that it might be my graphics card so i went into system profiler and found this. I then tried both the PRAM reset and a SMC reset it didn't fix it. Is there anything else i can do? Or should i just take it to apple?

Thanks in advance

P.S Sorry that this post is quite long

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-10 at 1.08.46 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-10 at 1.08.46 PM.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 176

randomhkkid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Hey thanks for the quick reply. Here are screenshots. The second one is after i choose high performance and log out.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-10 at 4.47.39 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-10 at 4.47.39 PM.png
    68 KB · Views: 52
  • After i log out and back in.png
    After i log out and back in.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 57

randomhkkid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
It hasn't changed it keeps saying i need to log out for the changes to take affect.

Attachments

• It's still the same.png
    It's still the same.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 40

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I guess the next troubleshooting steps would be to repair permissions and then reinstall but it looks like neither is going to fix the problem. I suggest taking it to the Apple Store to have them check it out, possibly for repair.

Another option would be to install Windows through Boot Camp. If that works, then it's likely an OS issue and in that case, a reinstall should be attempted.

randomhkkid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Thanks alot :) I'll try to reinstall windows. If not i guess its a trip to the Apple store :)

randomhkkid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Hi I'm having the same problem. How did you solve this? Thanks

Just incase you return to this thread it was a motherboard issue that Apple decided to fix free of charge. The bluetooth and iSight problem was also caused by monitor failure.
So both the motherboard and screen were replaced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.