9700 and iPhone 3GS -- should I even go for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by westla7, Jun 21, 2010.

1. westla7 macrumors member

Hey,

I am mostly using Blackberry Bold 9700 now, as the email, messaging and IM are really fast and the phone is good too. But I also have 3GS, which I use also, time to time. Browsing, you know, and stuff. Do you think I should go for iPhone 4? I really hate to have two devices now. Do you think iPhone 4 will make any difference for me? Will it make more communications/messaging functions better? Or should I just forget it and stick with 9700?

2. draz macrumors 6502a

Well you can try out the iOS4 update. It has nearly all of the features the iPhone 4 has.

What it doesn't have are the big things like front-camera which you can use for video calls (aka FaceTime), recoding movies and taking pictures are way better, screen is always much better too. (yes there are alot of other things but I'm trying to list the big ones here :p)

But as for communicating... Text (including MMS) messages are the same as before, voice calls are the same as well. Just the ability to video call is the new thing for communicating.

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

i'm sorry but messaging and email is completely overrated on the blackberry's.

email especially.

4. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

You're on an Apple fan forum, so all of us are probably going to support you getting an iPhone 4.

It's really a personal preference though and nobody can make that decision for you.

I definitely agree with the person 2 posts above me that you should update you current iPhone and see if the new features of iOS 4 impress you.

Good luck!

5. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

i just threw my blackberry in the trash after i got my shipping notification.

blackberry going the way of the palm pilot.

6. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

I hope that blackberry was busted beyond reasonable repair or sale. Otherwise I get the feeling that you have more money than is good for you : p

7. Adisah macrumors regular

Stick with what you have. Getting an iPhone 4 right now would be a waste of money.

If your already satisfied with your blackberry what's the point of messing around in Uncharted territory. But I would recommend that you keep an eye on the iPhone 4 and see if you like it enough to give up your Blackberry.