Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
Anyone who got one of those 99 cent iPhone 4 cases from Hong Kong, I think the seller is Ashopone or something like that. How long did it take to get yours?

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've ordered a few cases from Hong Kong, & they seem to come in 9-12 days. I can't complain, though. It's cheap. :D

RMXO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2009
skiltrip said:
Anyone who got one of those 99 cent iPhone 4 cases from Hong Kong, I think the seller is Ashopone or something like that. How long did it take to get yours?

I ordered from the same guy & it took about two weeks.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
Thanks guys. I ordered a couple Hong Kong cases, and they shipped on 7/19. I'm hoping they make it before my iPhone 4 does, and it looks as if it's a toss up. My iP4 is still on backorder, also ordered on 7/19. So we'll see. thanks again.

azelaya84

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
Im out in NYC and have ordered from that ebay seller I got my stuff in 1 week exactly. I just ordered a few more that shipped Tuesday lets see if anything changes.

manishd3

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Mine took about 9-10 days to arrive to the UK.

Really good case, better quality than I'd have expected to be honest. Will happily tide me over til I get my free PixelSkin

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Most of the stuff I've ordered from Hong Kong has taken about 2 weeks, give or take, to get here. Occasionally I've been surprised and had something show up sooner, but that's fairly rare.

bluenoise

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
I ordered three and they shipped on July 2. I still haven't received them, but the seller did follow up to see if I've received them.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
Im out in NYC and have ordered from that ebay seller I got my stuff in 1 week exactly. I just ordered a few more that shipped Tuesday lets see if anything changes.

I live right about 40 minutes northwest of NYC, so mine will probably be about a week as well. It's been exactly one week since mine shipped, so I'll post back when I get it. Looks like the case will definitely be here before the iP4 gets off backorder at AT&T and makes it's way to my doorstep.

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
there are sellers located in usa who sell 99cent cases too... just check the correct box on the left side when searching for cases to indicate that you're looking for an american seller.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
Ive ordered a few things from HongKong and they usually come in about 1.5-2 weeks, and i live in Indiana.

blazinz

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
im in jersey and mine came within 7-8 days.. I was really surprised when they showed up so soon! And was from the same seller the OP posted.

percept

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2010
i ordered from ashophone about a month ago...never got the case. he refunded my 99 cents tho.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
I can confirm that I just got my two cases from Ashopone.

Total time: 9 days. Not too shabby. They beat my iPhone 4, and that was my hope. Didn't wanna fly naked if I didn't have to.

Knightshade

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
Just got my two 99 cent cases yesterday... ordered last Tuesday, so 8 days (I'm in NC)...

They're... good enough... the fit is a bit loose... not "it's going to fall off the phone" loose but more "you can easily pull the side away if your thumb slips against it" loose... cut outs all seem fine, access to the mute switch works, only covered button (the sleep one) is easily operated.

Should do fine for protection until the free pixelskin HD shows up in 9 years or however long Apple is taking to ship em...and I sure can't argue with 99 cents delivered.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
I just ordered two more cases from ebay seller ashopone.

Of the original two I got, the red bumper case is unusable. There are holes for the buttons and sleep button, but they are too tight, and down allow you to get to the buttons. You literally can't press them unless you use something to stab them like a pen cap or something.

The cheapo standard 99 cent black case i got does the trick. Though the camera/flash hole was a little off, so it created some washing out on the right side of photos. To remedy this, i tried to cut the hole a little bigger. I did the trick (no more washing out in photos), but I did quite hack job on it. I hate looking at it. lol.

So i ordered another black case, and one of those ones with the "wavey thing" on the back with the hole for the Apple logo.

Really cannot wait until my Pixelskin HD comes, but I feel I'm in for a long wait for that baby.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.