99 dollars for touchpad is awesome, but accessories cost more...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hcho3, Aug 21, 2011.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I just thought it is kind of irony that I paid 99 dollars for touchpad, but the cases and touchstone are going to cost like more than touchpad.

The lowest price I could find on touchstone was 60 dollars and the case... costs like 40 dollars.

Anyone have any ideas on where I can find these things cheaper? If not, any case recommendations?

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Got the inductive charging stand for $50. Case for $19. Doesn't matter though as accessories cost everyone something.

3. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

Cases for the iPad 1 fit almost perfectly. My new TouchPad is currently in an old portfolio case that I had for my iPad. You'd never know that it wasn't made for it.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

thanks for this tip allot more case choices out there for the ipad 1.

5. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

May I ask where?

6. Nathan21585 macrumors member

I read that Verizon has a portfolio case for the iPad for $10.

7. urkel macrumors 68030

Why not wait? The accessories cost alot now but for a closeout item then they're sure to plummet pretty soon. And as for cases, it shares similar dimensions to the original iPad so you can always try those out since they sell cheap.

8. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

The Touchstone and keyboard might drop in price due to low demand (very costly add-ons), but the case has been selling just fine/is a logical purchase for most users. Keep in mind that some 200k+ people just came up with a pretty good reason to buy one...

That said, I'm fairly pleased to have gotten the OEM case for $26 :D