Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaffyDuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
99.00 iPhone? Nope... I'm thinking the iPhone 3G might go for 799.00 and rev one will stay at the same price its at right now!

$800? That's $300 above the current 16GB iPhone. Nope. The 3G chip will cost maybe a few dollars more than the EDGE equivalent and they can absorb that cost. It'll cost the same (keeping the memory constant). They will only charge more for more memory. Look at the iPod pricing history.

BTW, The Touch and Classic don't count because the Touch is an entirely new device. iPhone 2 will just be a revision.

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
Germany
99.00 iPhone? Nope... I'm thinking the iPhone 3G might go for 799.00 and rev one will stay at the same price its at right now!
If you remove the 100 € GSM/EDGE phone and add a 200 € GSM/UMTS/HSDPA phone (including UMTS features such as the second camera) from my calculation, you'll get to € 499, not € 749/US$ 799.

However, I guess they will just price it at €/US$ 399. They still get a percentage of the provider's turnover, so they can subside iPhone 2 at the beginning, just like they originally did with iPhone 1.

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
if they ever hit $99 ill buy one just to have as a back up.... hell i might get one for work and one for when I go out.... just switch the sim card... this way I can have one thats not looking like I take it to work everyday, cause it does get a little crappy looking no matter what case or the great care I use in handling it ....

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
2. Carrier Subsidize units: Right now the carriers do not subsidize the iPhone, unlike other phones. Once Apple gets the per unit cost down, the carriers will want to subsidize the iPhone to expand demand.

Uh i dont know how it is with overseas carriers, but here in America AT&T does subsidize the iPhone, thats why its cheaper than last years model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.