Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christianinri

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
I pulled out my iPad from the Apple case and noticed it discolored my Zagg Invisibleshield back protector. Anyone know if this is covered from Zagg's warranty policy? Makes it look real ugly. Sorry the picture is sideways. I took the picture with my iPhone 4 and uploaded it to my photo bucket account and it rotated it.
6fde1aaf.png

cryer

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
holy crap... this doesn't happen if you use a case only and no skin right?

christianinri

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
I totally missed out on that thread. Please delete or merge.

I doubt it happens without the skin. I'd rest easy cryer.

cryer

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
I totally missed out on that thread. Please delete or merge.

I doubt it happens without the skin. I'd rest easy cryer.

Thanks man. That is a profound thing to say, for some reason. I mean, to "rest easy".

In any event, from the other thread, it seems that it's because of the adhesive and generated heat?

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
...yet another disincentive to use Zagg IS.

I was working with a chick the other day who had her iPad in a Zagg. I didn't let on that I knew anything about the Zagg, and asked her what protector she suggested.

She immediately, without prompting from me, offered up that the Zagg has a really weird texture...and that she noticed little scratches in the shield due to its texture which drove her nuts.

I didn't have the heart to share with her what I had read on here about the Zagg plus Apple case discoloration. (She also was using the Apple case.)

cryer

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
I didn't have the heart to share with her what I had read on here about the Zagg plus Apple case discoloration. (She also was using the Apple case.)

...I'm not understanding, why didn't you "have the heart"? If you know about this problem, why didn't you tell her? She already doesn't like the zagg and is now going to end up with the same problem as the OP

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
...I'm not understanding, why didn't you "have the heart"? If you know about this problem, why didn't you tell her? She already doesn't like the zagg and is now going to end up with the same problem as the OP

Not my responsibility, especially since at the time, it wasn't clear that it was happening to ALL ZAGG users. This issue was relatively new.

I told her to remove the ZAGG but didn't go into the reasons. I told her that there were far better protectors out there. Period.

meechy

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
I pulled out my iPad from the Apple case and noticed it discolored my Zagg Invisibleshield back protector. Anyone know if this is covered from Zagg's warranty policy? Makes it look real ugly. Sorry the picture is sideways. I took the picture with my iPhone 4 and uploaded it to my photo bucket account and it rotated it.
6fde1aaf.png

Its a sign from one of the gods above for you to get rid of the Zagg IS, why you may ask? Because zagg invisible shield is a piece of ***** and i don't understand why people spend money on that crap.

Come to think of it, why have you even got the zagg on your iPad if it is in a case already? :confused:

vfortier

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2005
Did the same to mine... Returned the apple case because I prefer the zagg...

I ordered the yoobao magic v4 this morning, will post next week to let know if it does the same...

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Its a sign from one of the gods above for you to get rid of the Zagg IS, why you may ask? Because zagg invisible shield is a piece of ***** and i don't understand why people spend money on that crap.

Come to think of it, why have you even got the zagg on your iPad if it is in a case already? :confused:

Exactly. Why are people blaming the Apple Case when it is obviously a problem with that piece of crap, Zagg IS? There is something in that material, aside from the awful texture of orange peel, that reacts with materials touching it.

martinmartin

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Exactly. Why are people blaming the Apple Case when it is obviously a problem with that piece of crap, Zagg IS? There is something in that material, aside from the awful texture of orange peel, that reacts with materials touching it.

More likely due to cheap dyestuffs being used in the Apple case resulting in poor colorfastness properties.

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
I have a solution for you guys (hope I'm not too late). Ok I received my zagg IS in the mail the other day and I noticed that it comes rolled up in a tube. So I decided to flatten it overnight by sticking it inside a magazine and placing it underneath a heavy textbook. When I took it out the next day, I found the images smeared all over my brand new zagg IS!! I was about to throw it away but my dad gave me this "Goof Off" ultimate remover product shown below, and it got rid of all the stains from the magazine images. I was shockingly surprised I didn't noticed the visible stains anymore...

pr-Housewares-Goof_Off_The_Ultimate_Remover.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.